Chapter 1:Red Hat Satellite 6 installation
- Install Red Hat Satellite 6 on a server and populate it with Red Hat Enterprise Linux software content.
Chapter 2:Manage users and hosts across organizations and locations
- Effectively control user access for Red Hat Satellite administration.
Chapter 3:Red Hat Satellite client registration
- Register hosts to a Red Hat Satellite server, both interactively and automatically.
Chapter 4:Manage software deployment through the software development life cycle
- Control which packages hosts can install and which updates are propagated to hosts and evaluate host deviations from corporate standards.
Chapter 5:Build RPM packages
- Create RPM packages for deployment of programs and files on client systems.
Chapter 6:Deploy custom software using Red Hat Satellite
- Incorporate non-Red Hat software packages into a Red Hat Satellite framework.
Chapter 7:Manage system configurations with Puppet
- Create and populate a Puppet repository within a Red Hat Satellite framework.
Chapter 8:Standardize system configurations with Red Hat Satellite 6
- Configure hosts using Puppet.
Chapter 9:Deploy hosts with Satellite server
- Deploy and provision hosts using PXE.
Chapter 10:Configuration of Satellite server for enterprise system deployment
- Configure host provisioning for integration with software and configuration management and discover unprovisioned host and provision-discovered hosts.