ABOUT THE COURSE
(JB450):Learn how to model data sources and virtual entities such as tables, views, and procedures:-
Red Hat® JBoss® Data Virtualization Development teaches database developers and administrators how to model data sources and virtual entities such as tables, views, and procedures. Through hands-on labs, students will learn how to deploy these virtual entities for JDBC and web service consumption. This course can also help certification candidates in their preparation for the Red Hat Certified Specialist in Data Virtualization exam (EX450).
This course is based on Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 7.5 and Openshift Container Platform 3.9.
- Modeling data sources
- Modeling a virtual base layer
- Creating virtual databases (VDB)
- Modeling unions, joins, and virtual procedures
- Modeling and deploying web services
- Server administration
- Developing client applications
Audience for this course
- Database administrators.
- Database developers
|PREREQUISITES FOR THIS COURSE
- Fluency in Relational Database Concepts and SQL
- Experience in programming with the JDBC API is helpful
|Course content summary
- Create virtual databases (VDB)
- Create view models with a union
- Model combined projections
- Create view models with joins
- Model joins between tables (sources)
- Create virtual procedures
- Model for XML document results
- Expose a model as a SOAP web service
- Build and deploy a web service model using JAX-WS (SOAP)
- Expose a model as a REST web service
- Deploy a web service model using JAX-RS (REST)
- Create a view from a web service data source
- Use a web service as a data source
- Manage the data services server
- Create materialized views
- Utilize materialized views when appropriate
- Restrict access to a virtual database
- Implement access restrictions to the elements mapped in a virtual database
- Access a virtual database in an application
- Access virtual databases in a Java application
After the course
Recommended next exam or course
Red Hat Certified Specialist in Data Virtualization exam (EX450)
Impact of this training:-
Impact on the organization
- This course is intended to develop skills needed to consolidate data from disparate sources, thus allowing legacy and new systems to work in concert. JBoss Data Virtualization allows analysts with database query knowledge the ability to obtain consolidated information without importing or exporting data to a database.
- Red Hat has created this course in a way intended to benefit our customers, but each company and infrastructure is unique, and actual results or benefits may vary.
Impact on the individual
- As a result of attending this course, students should be able to connect to multiple data providers to integrate and provide a unified view of a company's data.
Students should be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Create datasources to connect to each data provider.
- Customize each dataset to be associated with a virtual database
- Implement SQL-like queries to obtain data
- Develop applications to pull data generated by Red Hat JBoss
- Data Virtualization