ABOUT THE COURSE
DO405: Configuration Management with Puppet
Configure Red Hat Enterprise Linux hosts in DevOps environment using Puppet
Configuration Management with Puppet (DO405) is designed for system administrators and cloud administrators who intend to implement Puppet as integrated with Red Hat® products in an operations environment or a cloud computing environment.
This course is on Red Hat Enterprise Linux® 7 and Red Hat Satellite 6
This course will cover case studies involving Red Hat products that use Puppet: Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack® Platform and Red Hat Satellite. Key Puppet concepts will be introduced, including language constructs, modules, classes, and resources. This course will cover the deployment of Puppet server on Red Hat Enterprise Linux and the deployment of Puppet as a client.
Audience for this course
|PREREQUISITES FOR THIS COURSE|
|Course content summary|
Chapter 1: Course introduction
Chapter 2: Identify system administration functions in Puppet
Chapter 3: Puppet architecture
Chapter 4: Implement a Puppet manifest
Chapter 5: Troubleshoot Puppet manifests
Chapter 6: Implement Git
Chapter 7: Find information with Facter
Chapter 8: Implement Puppet modules
Chapter 9: Implement relationships in a Puppet module
Chapter 10: Implement variables and conditionals in a Puppet module
Chapter 11: Identify advanced system administration functions in Puppet
Chapter 12: Implement Puppet
Chapter 13: Implement external Puppet modules
Chapter 14: Implement Puppet in a DevOps environment
Chapter 15: Implement Puppet in Red Hat Satellite 6
Recommended next exam or course
- Certificate of Expertise in Configuration Management with Puppet (EX405)
- Demonstrate your skills, knowledge, and abilities to automate configuration management with Puppet and Red Hat Enterprise Satellite 6.
Impact on the organization
- This course is intended to develop the skills needed to implement Puppet, either in an operations or cloud computing environment, or integrated with Red Hat products. These skills are suitable for organizations seeking to gain cost savings and operational efficiency by implementing the DevOps methodology with Puppet.
- Red Hat has created this course in a way intended to benefit our customers, but each company and infrastructure is unique, and actual results or benefits may vary.
- As a result of attending this course, students should be able to implement Puppet in an operations or cloud computing environment.
Students should be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Compose Puppet manifests using a variety of Puppet DSL resources.
- Author Puppet modules for deployment and configuration of network services.
- Implement Puppet master and client nodes.
- Use Red Hat Satellite 6 to manage system configuration using Puppet.