ABOUT THE COURSE
Red Hat OpenShift Administration II (DO380)
Red Hat OpenShift Administration II teaches you how to build robust clusters that provide high availability and the ability to run large numbers of applications. You will learn about OpenShift integration with datacenter infrastructure such as load balancers, identity management, monitoring, proxies, and storage. You will also develop more troubleshooting and Day 2 operations skills in this course.
This course is based on Red Hat® OpenShift Container Platform 3.6.
|Red Hat OpenShift Administration II (DO380)
You will design an OpenShift HA cluster, then build and test it. You will use this cluster to examine more advanced topics in the administration and operation of a robust OpenShift cluster in the remainder of the course.
- Learn OpenShift cluster features, architecture, and sizing.
- Investigate OpenShift cluster installation methods.
- Configure storage providers and storage classes.
- Manage OpenShift certificates.
- Configure GlusterFS container-native storage.
- Diagnose cluster health.
- Scale OpenShift clusters.
- Manage OpenShift resources.
- This course is designed for Linux® system administrators who want to deploy and manage a large-scale Red Hat® OpenShift Container Platform environment in their datacenters.
|PREREQUISITES FOR THIS COURSE
- Become a Red Hat Certified System Administrator, or demonstrate equivalent experience.
- Attend Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift (DO180) or demonstrate equivalent experience with containers, Kubernetes, and OpenShift
- Attend Red Hat OpenShift Administration I (DO280) or demonstrate equivalent experience with OpenShift
- Recommended, but not required: become a Red Hat Certified Specialist in OpenShift Administration (EX280)
|Course content summary
- Design a highly available cluster
- Design an OpenShift cluster that supports high availability and resiliency.
- Prepare to install an HA cluster
- Configure the advanced installer and prepare the cluster environment for HA installation.
- Configure OpenShift to use custom certificates
- Configure the OpenShift cluster to use custom certificates.
- Use the advanced installation method to build an HA OpenShift cluster.
- Provision persistent storage
- Describe storage providers, configure a provider, create a storage class, and test the configuration.
- Consolidate useful data for analysis by enabling the log aggregation feature.
- Maintain an OpenShift cluster
- Perform recurring maintenance activities on an OpenShift cluster.
- Manage operating system and cluster resources for optimal performance.
- Configure security providers
- Configure security providers and advanced security options.
- Configure networking options
- Configure various advanced networking features and options.