ABOUT THE COURSE
Developing and Deploying Applications on OpenShift (DO290)
Learn to create, update, and maintain applications using OpenShift Container Platform.
Developing and Deploying Applications on OpenShift (DO290) is part of a series of courses that focus on using OpenShift Container Platform to automate a portion of the software delivery pipeline. The course immerses the student in a DevOps environment through the use of agile software development methodology, test-driven development, continuous integration, and a standard operating environment through the use of Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS).
Through hands-on labs, the student will implement user stories for an existing Java? EE application and deploy the application to an OpenShift instance. The student will learn how to create, update, and maintain applications using Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
Audience for this course
|PREREQUISITES FOR THIS COURSE|
Red Hat recommends these prerequisites:
|Course content summary|
Chapter 1: Course introduction
Chapter 2: Development environment review
Chapter 3: Bookstore application review
Chapter 4: Introduction to OpenShift Container Platform
Chapter 5: Manage OpenShift Container Platform applications
Chapter 6: Deploy applications on OpenShift Container Platform
Chapter 7: Create complex deployments
Chapter 8: Implement continuous integration
Chapter 9: Troubleshoot applications
Chapter 10: Customize OpenShift Container Platform
Chapter 11: Course review
Impact of this training
Impact on the organization
- This course is intended to develop the skills needed to design, build, and deploy containerized applications that are highly available, resilient, and scalable, using Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform. This course demonstrates how to best use the tools provided by Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform to enable rapid application development and deployment, as well as increase portability of applications across environments.
- Red Hat has created this course in a way intended to benefit our customers, but each company and infrastructure is unique, and actual results or benefits may vary.
- As a result of attending this course, the student should be able to take advantage of the platform in a popular DevOps environment. This course is part of a series of DevOps courses centered on the use of OpenShift to enable continuous delivery?a key goal in the DevOps philosophy. Red Hat is committed in being a leader in providing prescriptive approaches to DevOps using Red Hat and other open source technologies.
- Learn to install, configure, and manage containers.
- Deploy applications in Docker using images
- Describe the architecture of Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform
- Control and maintain applications using the OpenShift command-line interface
- Define, build, and deploy an application on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform
- Establish continuous integration of an application from source code to deployment using Jenkins
- Create deployments that utilize clustering, load balancing, and customized node scheduling
- Troubleshoot problems involving application performance or deployment with debugging tools and log files
- Create custom source-to-image (s2i) builder images and templates
- Deploy a mutli-pod application to Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform using Jenkins for continuous integration
- Install and update software packages
- Access Linux file systems
- Manage Linux networking