ABOUT THE COURSE
Red Hat OpenShift Administration I (DO280)
Red Hat OpenShift Administration I (DO280) teaches you how to install and administer the Red Hat® OpenShift® Container Platform. This hands-on, lab-based course shows you how to install, configure, and manage OpenShift clusters and deploy sample applications to further understand how developers will use the platform.
This course is based on Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 7.5 and Openshift Container Platform 3.9.
OpenShift is a containerized application platform that allows enterprises to manage container deployments and scale their applications using Kubernetes. OpenShift provides predefined application environments and builds upon Kubernetes to provide support for DevOps principles such as reduced time to market, infrastructure-as-code, continuous integration (CI), and continuous delivery (CD).
Course content summary
- Install an OpenShift Container Platform cluster
- Configure and manage masters and nodes
- Secure OpenShift
- Control access to resources on OpenShift
- Monitor and collect metrics on OpenShift
- Deploy applications on OpenShift Platform Container using Source-to-Image (S2I)
- Manage storage on OpenShift
Audience for this course
- This course is designed for system administrators, system architects, and developers who want to install and configure Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
|PREREQUISITES FOR THIS COURSE
- Become a Red Hat Certified System Administrator, or demonstrate equivalent Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administration experience.
- Complete Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift (DO180), or demonstrate equivalent experience with containers, Kubernetes, and OpenShift basics.
|Course content summary
Chapter 1: Introduction to Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform
- List the features and describe the architecture of the Openshift Container Platform.
Chapter 2: Install OpenShift Container Platform
- Install OpenShift and configure the cluster.
Chapter 3: Explore OpenShift networking concepts
- Describe and explore OpenShift networking concepts.
Chapter 4: Execute commands
- Execute commands using the command-line interface.
Chapter 5: Manage OpenShift resources
- Control access to OpenShift resources.
Chapter 6: Allocate persistent storage
- Implement persistent storage.
Chapter 7: Manage application deployments
- ?Manipulate resources to manage deployed applications.
Chapter 8: Metrics subsystem
- Install and configure the metrics-gathering system.
Chapter 9: Manage and monitor
- Manage and monitor OpenShift resources and software.
After the course