ABOUT THE COURSE
Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift (DO180)
Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift (DO180) introduces building and managing Docker containers for deployment on a Kubernetes cluster. This course helps students build core knowledge and skills in managing containers through hands-on experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and Red Hat® OpenShift Container Platform.
This course is based on Red Hat® OpenShift Container Platform 3.9 and Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 7.5.
|Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift (DO180)
As a result of attending this class, students should be able to containerize simple software applications and services; deploy them with Docker, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift; test the containerized version; and troubleshoot issues with deployment.
|One of the key tenets of the DevOps movement is continuous integration and continuous deployment. Containers have become a key technology for the configuration and deployment of applications and microservices. Kubernetes is a container orchestration platform that provides foundational services in Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform|
- Understand container, Docker, and Red Hat OpenShift architecture.
- Create containerized services.
- Manage containers and container images.
- Create custom container images.
- Deploy containerized applications on Red Hat OpenShift.
- Deploy multi-container applications.
- Developers who wish to containerize software applications
- Administrators who are new to container technology and container orchestration
- Architects who are considering using container technologies in software architectures
|PREREQUISITES FOR THIS COURSE
- Be able to use a Linux terminal session and issue operating system commands
- Be a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) , or demonstrate equivalent experience
- Have experience with web application architectures and their corresponding technologies
|Course content summary
- Introduce and review the course.
- Get started with container technology
- Describe how software can run in containers orchestrated by Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
- Create containerized services
- Provision a server using container technology.
- Manipulate pre-built container images to create and manage containerized services.
- Govern the life cycle of a container image from creation to deletion.
- Create custom container images
- Design and code a Docker file to build a custom container image
- Deploy containerized applications on Red Hat OpenShift
- Deploy single container applications on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
- Deploy multi-container applications
- Deploy applications that are containerized using multiple container images.
- Troubleshoot containerized applications
- Troubleshoot a containerized application deployed on Red Hat OpenShift.
- Comprehensive review of Introduction to Container, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift
- Demonstrate how to containerize a software application, test it with Docker, and deploy it on a Red Hat OpenShift cluster.
After the course
Red Hat OpenShift Development I: Containerizing Applications (DO288)
- Design, build, and deploy containerized applications on an OpenShift cluster.
Learn to install, configure, and manage containers.