ABOUT THE COURSE
Red Hat CloudForms Hybrid Cloud Management (CL220)
Red Hat CloudForms Hybrid Cloud Management (CL220) is for cloud administrators and operators who need to use Red Hat® CloudForms to manage cloud instances running on multiple cloud providers or virtualization infrastructures..
This course is based on Red Hat CloudForms 4.
|Red Hat CloudForms Hybrid Cloud Management (CL220)
In this course, students use a hybrid environment, configure Red Hat CloudForms to work with Red Hat Virtualization and Red Hat OpenStack® Platform, deploy virtual machines (VMs) with templates and customization, produce chargeback reports on VM and resource use and automations, and perform policy-based management. This course covers CloudForms tenants, interface customization, timeline and event analysis, and service provisioning.
- Configure Red Hat CloudForms 4
- Define regions, zones, tenants, users, groups, and roles
- Provision and manage VMs
- Generate reports and cloud information from CloudForms analytics
- Configure Red Hat CloudForms alerts
- Automate tasks with CloudForms
- Manage service catalogues
- Use Ansible by Red Hat with CloudForms to automate system configuration.
- Cloud administrators and cloud operators responsible for maintaining hybrid cloud environments
- Cloud architects who intend to use CloudForms for management and analysis of their company's cloud environment
- DevOps engineers responsible for creating an environment that provides virtual machines (VMs) for developing and testing applications, building service catalogues, and automating workflows
|PREREQUISITES FOR THIS COURSE
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA®) or equivalent system administration skills
- Knowledge of Red Hat Virtualization, Red Hat OpenStack Platform, vSphere, or Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) is helpful but not required.
|Course content summary
- Introduce Red Hat CloudForms
- Introduce and describe CloudForms architecture and terminology.
- Deploy and configure the CloudForms appliance.
- Connect to CloudForms providers
- Connect CloudForms to infrastructure, cloud, and network providers.
- Create tenants, users, and tags for CloudForms management.
- Provision virtual machines
- Provision virtual machines (VMs) using CloudForms.
- Implement CloudForms control and compliance policies.
- Generate CloudForms reports
- Display information on VMs and their resource use.
- Manage the CloudForms lifecycle
- Manage CloudForms lifecycle events..
- Analyze metrics with CloudForms Intelligence
- Use CloudForms Intelligence metrics to analyze infrastructure utilization.
- Configure CloudForms alerts
- Set up alarms and triggers to monitor infrastructures.
- Automate tasks in CloudForms
- Execute CloudForms automations to speed up delivery.
- Manage catalogs and order services from a catalog.
- CloudForms automation with Ansible
- Manage the Keystone identity service using the command-line interface.
After the completion of course
Red Hat Certified Specialist in Hybrid Cloud Management exam (EX220)
Prove your skills and knowledge to deploy and manage a virtualization infrastructure using Red Hat CloudForms.
Red Hat OpenStack Administration I (CL110)
Learn how to install, configure, use, and maintain Red Hat OpenStack Platform.
Automation with Ansible (DO407)
Learn to install and configure Ansible, create and run playbooks to configure systems, and manage inventories with Ansible by Red Hat and Red Hat Enterprise Linux®.
Red Hat Virtualization (RH318)
Gain the skills required to deploy and manage virtual environments with Red Hat Enterprise Linux, managed through Red Hat Virtualization.