Chapter 1: Navigate the Red Hat OpenStack Platform architecture
- Describe the classroom environment, support systems, functions of the undercloud components, and more.
Chapter 2: Describe the OpenStack control plane?
- Identify the shared services running on a controller node and describe service endpoint configuration and security.
Chapter 3: Integrate identity management
- Describe the installation and architecture of a Red Hat Identity Management back end for the OpenStack identity service.
Chapter 4: Perform image operations
- Build an image using diskimage-builder and customize launched instances during deployment using cloud-init.
Chapter 5: Manage storage
- Explain persistent storage options for use in OpenStack, focusing on the expanding capabilities of the default Red Hat Ceph Storage.
Chapter 6: Manage OpenStack networking
- Explain the different network types available to the OpenStack networking service and improve network performance with Open Virtual Network.
Chapter 7: Manage compute resources
- Perform common compute node administration tasks, including live migration, evacuation, and enabling and disabling compute nodes.
Chapter 8: Automate cloud applications
- Explain the orchestration architecture required to deploy application stacks and write templates using the Heat Orchestration Template (HOT) language.
Chapter 9: Troubleshoot OpenStack operations
- ?Discuss recommended diagnostic and troubleshooting tools and techniques.
Chapter 10: Comprehensive review
- Build a custom image and launch an instance using the custom image