ABOUT THE COURSE
Red Hat OpenStack Administration II (CL210)
Red Hat OpenStack Administration II: Infrastructure Configuration for Cloud Administrators (CL210) teaches you how to implement a full-featured cloud computing environment using OpenStack. You will learn how to configure, administer, and manage Red Hat OpenStack Platform infrastructure. This course is based on Red Hat OpenStack Platform 13.0 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux® 7.5.
|OpenStack Administration (CL210)|
The focus of this course is on managing and using the OpenStack client command-line interface and the director and dashboard graphical web user interfaces to securely manage server instances, compute and storage resources, and user identities.
|This course is intended for Linux system administrators, cloud administrators, cloud operators, and infrastructure architects interested in, or responsible for, maintaining a private or hybrid cloud.|
|PREREQUISITES FOR THIS COURSE|
|Course content summary|
Describe the classroom environment, support systems, functions of the undercloud components, and more.
Identify the shared services running on a controller node and describe service endpoint configuration and security.
Describe the installation and architecture of a Red Hat Identity Management back end for the OpenStack identity service.
Build an image using diskimage-builder and customize launched instances during deployment using cloud-init.
Explain persistent storage options for use in OpenStack, focusing on the expanding capabilities of the default Red Hat Ceph Storage.
Explain the different network types available to the OpenStack networking service and improve network performance with Open Virtual Network.
Perform common compute node administration tasks, including live migration, evacuation, and enabling and disabling compute nodes.
Explain the orchestration architecture required to deploy application stacks and write templates using the Heat Orchestration Template (HOT) language.
Discuss recommended diagnostic and troubleshooting tools and techniques.
Build a custom image and launch an instance using the custom image.
After the course
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator in Red Hat OpenStack exam (EX210)
- Red Hat OpenStack Administration III: Networking & Foundations of NFV (CL310)
- Red Hat Certified Engineer in Red Hat OpenStack exam (EX310)
- Red Hat Ceph Storage Architecture and Administration (CEPH125) and Red Hat Certified Specialist in Ceph Storage Administration exam (EX125) For OpenStack administrators who want to learn more about ,Red Hat Ceph Storage and become a networking engineer.
- Red Hat CloudForms Hybrid Cloud Management (CL220) and Red Hat Certified Specialist in Hybrid Cloud Management exam (EX220) For hybrid cloud engineers who want to learn more about Red Hat® CloudForms and become a cloud architect